My Amiga is installed with AmigaOS 3.5 (and the BoingBag¹ :-))
Here are the patches run in my startup-sequence:
- RemAPollo (used to install AmigaOS 3.5 ROM Update and some patches)
- KingCON (installed into the ROM by RemAPollo !)
- PatchControl (mainly for MCP, but not only)
- NoBypass (fixes a 68060 bug)
- StackAttack (increases stacks size)
- MCPAssigns (loads all assigns at one time)
- FullPalette (to set and lock some colours on the WB)
- WBCtrl (controls some aspects of WB 3.5)
- MCP (several usefull patches)
- MUIWheelPatch (gives wheel support to some old mui classes)
- BlocNotes (a simple script that displays a CON: window with my notes)
- OutlineFont (draws icons names with an outline instead of a background rectangle)
I recently removed VisualPrefs
because I discovered that it was creating graphic deadlocks when redrawing windows
sometimes (usually when the system was heavily loaded, during internet sessions..).
I'd like to check if it works better with a patch such as SafeGIRPort (if it has any
relation with the problem..?), but for now I simply removed it.
I have also installed Enforcer and PatchWork permanently in my startup-sequence.
This is usefull to detect non system-friendly software..
Stuff run from WBStartup:
- Altabber (to swap between windows using the keyboard)
- AppISizer (computes size of files and drawers)
- DefIcons44 (gives icons to iconless files according to their type)
- FreeWheel (wheel mouse events + adjust mouse speed + click to front)
- GlobalTrash (the best trashcan in the galaxy)
- MagicMenu (menu under the mouse; prevents deadlocks too)
- Matrix (my screen blanker !)
- PowerSnap (cut & paste from/to almost anywhere)
- RexxMast :) (I couldn't live without ARexx anymore)
- ToolsDaemon (adds menus to WB for fast and easy access to your tools)
I don't use Delifix anymore because it appears not to be very system friendly
(a stack problem I think, I don't remember well).
I also removed AHelp
because current version 1.5 makes enforcer hits at boot time.
2000.10.04 : I removed bitime (displays "swatch internet time" and
sets summer/winter time) too because it crashes (enforcer hit) and screws
the time up when it changes from summer to winter time (which it apparently does
one month too early).
- mathieeedoubbas.pch by Thomas Richter (fixes a comparison bug)
(to use TrueType fonts -Verdana is great for the WEB !)
(SFS) 1.84 by
John Hendrikx (faster and more reliable than the standard FastFileSystem)
Software used for this site:
- CygnusED Professional V4.20 by Bruce Dawson and Olaf Barthel
- Personnal Paint 6.4 by Nomad/Cloanto (with pio_icon.library by Elmar Plischke)
- Aweb-II 3.3 UFO (full version) by Yvon Rozijn
- ImageDimensions.ced by Allan Odgaard and Visage by Magnus Holmgren